Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Will Wednesday - Noah Fuller (1712-1774)

Noah Fuller was my 5th great grandfather.  He was born in Salem, Massachusetts in 1712.  He moved from Salem to Lebanon, CT probably between 174-1750.  He was then one of the original "New England Planter" settlers to Horton, Nova Scotia.

Here is a copy of his will which was proved on September 16, 1774.  Oh, and please don't judge me on the lack of punctuation and poor spelling.  The run on sentences are from the original document.
In the name of god, Amen, the ninetieth day of May 1774 being of sound mind and memory thanks be to almighty God therefore and calling to mind the uncertain state of this transitory life and that all flesh must yields unto death when it shall please god to call do make ordain and declare this my last will and testament  in manner and form following: 
First, I give and bequeath my soul to God who gave it and my body to the ground to be decently buried and as to my worldly goods, chattels and estate, I do order and dispose in the manner following, that is to say, first I will that all my just debts should be paid and satisfied ---- 
Item     I give and bequeath unto my well beloved wife the use and improvement of the west half of my dwelling house.  The use of a cow and the use & improvement of my breeding mare and one third part of the improvement of all my real estate so long as she continues a widow and the use of all the household goods 
Item     I give to my beloved son Elisha four acres and three quarters of dyke land at the west end of the Grand Pre, joining John Whitney dyke land  --- and to my son Timothy seventy acres of my second division farm lot number six – 
Also, I give to my son Noah my first division dike lot. 
I also will and ordain that my four daughters viz Elishiar, Priscilla, and Sarah and Lucy shall have five pounds each out of my estate to be paid them when Lucy the youngest of them shall arrive to the age of eighteen years and all the household goods, the cow and mare to be equally divided between them when their mother shall come with them ---- 
I also will to my son Noah my working open [lands?] and my sucking goat and three sheep and three swine six suckling pigs  --- 
The remainder of all my estate both real and personal, I will and ordain to be equally divided between Elisha and Noah excepting my last or third division which Timothy is to have his equal proportion it is also my Will that my sons Elisha and Noah shall pay the five pounds a piece to their four sisters equally between them ---- 
I also will an ordain my sons Elisha and Noah shall be executors to this my last will and testament, in witness hereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal 
SignedNoah Fuller 
In the presence of
Joseph WoodworthSamuel Denison
 
Amos Rathbun 
Some may wonder why I have been posting so many wills to my blog.  I find them a good source of information and many of them don't seem to exist anywhere else.  

Just another great document to add to your genealogy research that I wanted to share with all my relatives: known and unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment